Thursday, January 27, 2011

'The Challenge'


Ok, so here is the ‘Challenge’. I am going to Italy in May and a good family friend has challenged me to lose 25kg’s by the end of April! My initial thought was ’WHAT?? That’s now! That’s like tomorrow! Instantly my brain starts to think of all the reasons why that is not possible for me: weight loss that fast is unhealthy, I would have to starve myself, I'm fasting, it’s just too much in too little time, I don’t know how I would do that….blah blah blah. All of this is going through my mind and you can almost hear the thought processes going on in my head. BUT. 

That very morning I had made the life changing decision to lose the weight that I had ‘mysteriously’ put on. I say ‘mysteriously’ because it feels like a minute between being ‘Slightly Overweight” to ‘Getting Ridiculous’. That morning I woke up and decided that I was sick and tired of having ‘Thunder Thighs’.
I was sick and tired of not having control over my weight and I hated the fact that I couldn’t hide it from anyone. My weakness was visible for all to see. My sin was visible for all to see.  

Inside, it was worse. What the inside looked like, what the inside felt like, that incommunicable feeling I constantly had was getting to a dangerous place, THAT was the deciding factor - I HAD to make a change. 

That same evening, we went to a good family friend’s house, and she initiated what I suspect to be a ‘Mini Intervention’ by presenting me with ‘The Challenge’. This for me was just confirmation of what I had decided earlier on.
So, in that second, where I had 2 pairs of eyes waiting for my reaction, I let myself speak above all the talking that was going on in my head and I said ‘Ok, I’ll do it’ .

Sorry, did I just say ok?? What am I thinking?? I said ok. 

This is me doing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment